The Heritage Commitment
Service to Members
Heritage Credit Union strives to offer services designed to improve the economic and social well being of all members from all socioeconomic backgrounds, including our low- and moderate income members, and return financial value to all those who participate in our member-owned financial cooperative.
Current Services that Help Improve the Economic and Social Well Being of Members
- Share Savings Accounts
- Christmas & Vacation Club Accounts
- Share Certificate Deposits
- New & Used Vehicle, Personal Signature, Share Secured, and Mortgage Loans
- Risk Based Lending
- Classic and Platinum Visa Credit Cards with competitive APR
- Checking Accounts
- ATM/Debit Cards
- Online Banking
- Direct Deposit, Payroll Deduction
- Wire Transfers
- Free notary services
- New and used vehicle buying guide and assistance
- Interactive website to access credit union information and apply for loans
- Home Equity Loans and Line of Credit
Heritage Credit Union is committed to member and consumer financial education; in addition we are committed to educating members and consumers, alike, about credit union uniqueness, philosophy, and values.
Current Programs that Support Member Education and Advocacy:
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services
- Free financial educational brochures
- Statement stuffers and direct mailings
Involvement / Governance
Heritage Credit Union will endeavor to preserve credit union democratic principles, including demographic representation and volunteer participation in credit union activities.
Current Programs that support Involvement/Governance:
- Active Louisiana Credit Union League Lafayette chapter participation
- Active Louisiana Credit Union League state participation
- Volunteer involvement in league and chapter committee
- Training for members of the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee
- CEO meets with State Representatives
- CEO attendance at State Governmental Affairs Conference
- CEO personal contributions to CULAC
Heritage Credit Union recognizes the value of demographic diversity in staff as well as in volunteers, and will strive to bring people of diverse backgrounds and experiences into leadership and other roles at the credit union.
- Seek volunteers, staff and management that reflect the diversity of the membership
- Equal Opportunity employer
- Provide training to staff through LCUL, CUNA, Southwest Corporate CU, Southern Financial Exchange and local vendors.
- Website page especially geared toward youth in our membership with educational and informative interactive links
- Encourage youth savings
Supporting the Credit Union Movement and Other Cooperative Activities
Heritage Credit Union will work to build and strengthen our unique credit union movement by providing financial and in-kind resources to others within the credit union community, and by actively advocating the credit union difference at all levels of government and in other appropriate public forums. In addition, Heritage Credit Union will participate in local, state and national cooperative activities as appropriate, and will strive to build and strengthen relationships with other sectors of the national cooperative movement.
Current Activities that Support the Credit Union Movement:
- Contributor to LCUL Public Awareness cooperative advertising campaign
- Allow use of our facilities for area CU managers’ meetings and LCUL training sessions for local credit unions at no cost
- Refer inquiries for credit union membership eligibility to CUNA Project Zip Code
- CEO participates in CULAC fundraising
- And other Cooperative Activities:
- Member appreciation with International Credit Union Day activities at various locations
- Allow use of facilities for local CU use at no cost
- CEO active participant in local CU Managers Association
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Member of Lafayette Chamber of Commerce
Public Service / Corporate Citizenship
Through direct financial support or other in-kind contributions to worthwhile local organizations and by participating in public service activities, Heritage Credit Union strives to be an active partner in our community. We recognize that practicing good Corporate Citizenship supports the Credit Union Philosophy of People Helping People; furthermore, it will help raise the overall level of social and economic well being of those in our community, help to strengthen ties within the community, and better position us to reach out and serve V as only credit unions can V those people in greatest need of affordable financial services.
Community/FOM Groups Currently Receiving Financial or Other In-Kind Support (including the support given) and Current Public Service Activities:
- LARC (Lafayette Association for Retarded Citizens)
- United Way
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life sponsor
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative, Heritage Credit Union is committed to our members. We will uphold our fundamental responsibility to actively serve people within our field of membership and, as appropriate, the communities they live in. We will treat all members with respect and dignity and we will offer honest, fair deals to all members at all times. We will deliver a range of low cost products and services to the diverse economic and social make-up of our members and potential members. We will look for better ways to reach out to the unserved or underserved in our field of membership. And we will continually, in all facets of operations, demonstrate the value of membership in Heritage Credit Union.